ProClarity Analytics Platform 6.3
Products: ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 3
ProClarity Professional 6.3 Service Pack 3
Subject: ProClarity 6.3 Service Pack 3 Readme
Date: October 9, 2009
The content in this Readme file applies to ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 SP3 and ProClarity Professional 6.3 Service Pack 3, referred to collectively as ProClarity 6.3 SP3. ProClarity 6.3 SP3 includes all fixes to the software since the public release of ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3.
Included in this Readme file are installation prerequisites and instructions as well as special configuration requirements for deploying ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, the full product, on Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2008 R2. For more information about this release, refer to the following resources:
· Requirements_SP3.pdf (Hardware & software requirements, included with the service pack components)
· Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 975250
· ProClarity forum on Microsoft TechNet (http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9647723)
To download ProClarity 6.3 Service Pack 3 for ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 and ProClarity Professional 6.3, refer to one of the following links:
· Microsoft ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 SP3 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=166238)
· Microsoft ProClarity Professional 6.3 SP3 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=166239)
ProClarity 6.3 Service Pack 3 is delivered in two packages, one for updating only Professional 6.3 SP3, and the other for updating ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 and distributing Professional 6.3 SP3 from ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3.
· PRO63Hotfix2222.exe. Installation package for installing ProClarity Professional 6.3 SP3 directly on your local computer.
· PAS63Hotfix2222.exe. Installation package for installing ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 SP3 directly on your computer.
· PRO63Hotfix2222.exe. Installation package for installing or distributing ProClarity Professional 6.3 SP3.
· PRO63Hotfix2222.xml. Component information file for publishing and distributing ProClarity Professional 6.3 SP3 from ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3.
ProClarity 6.3 SP3 requires the RTM (GA) versions of ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 or ProClarity Professional 6.3.
If you are installing ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, the full product, on Windows Server 2003 SP2 (x64), you must grant the installation account the required permissions for configuring the Internet Information Services (IIS) metabase, as follows:
1. On the Start Menu, right-click My Computer and click Manage.
2. Under System Tools, expand Local Users and Group and click Groups.
3. Right-click the group IIS_WPG and select Add to Group.
4. Click Add and enter the administrator account that is being used to install ProClarity.
5. Click OK.
Note: In some scenarios, granting permissions explicitly may be required. For more information, see KB article: ACLs and using MetaACL for metabase ACL permission changes (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=166242).
If you are deploying ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 SP3 on a 64-bit version of Windows Server 2008 SP2, you must have the Microsoft Visual C++ Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update (x86) (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=166128) already installed.
See also: Installing ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 on Windows Server 2008 (SP2 or R2), later in this document. For detailed deployment instructions, refer to the ProClarity 6.3 product documentation.
Before you start: As a best practice, always make a backup copy of the original software components before installing a hotfix or service pack.
To update ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 with SP3:
1. Extract the service pack components to your computer. Always extract the components to your hard drive, typically the C drive.
2. Double-click PAS63Hotfix2222.exe. Note: The installation program will stop and restart Internet Information Services (IIS).
3. Clear the PAS cache. For instructions, see step 9 in the section titled Verifying the Application Pool identity and configuring IIS access, later in this document.
· Double-click PRO63Hotfix2222.exe. You may be prompted to restart the computer after the service pack has been installed.
1. On a computer that is running ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, open the PAS Administration Tool.
2. In the left pane of the Administration Tool, right-click the Components folder and select New Component.
3. In the New Component dialog box, browse to the location of the hotfix components and select PRO63Hotfix2222.xml.
4. Click OK. The update will display in the Details pane of the PAS Administration Tool.
Note ProClarity Analytics Server security must be configured before users can download software from the server. For instructions, please see the chapter on distributing software in the ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Administrator’s Guide.
These service packs cannot be removed (uninstalled) independently of the products (ProClarity Professional 6.3 or ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3). To remove a service pack, you must uninstall the entire application.
The following instructions describe the steps for installing ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, the full product, on either Windows Server 2008 SP2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 prior to installing ProClarity 6.3 SP3.
Installing and configuring IIS 7
Before installing ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 on Windows Server 2008 (SP2 or R2), you must install and configure IIS 7.
1. In Administrative Tools, open Server Manager and click Roles.
2. Click Add Roles.
3. Select Web Server (IIS), click Next, and then, click Next again.
4. In addition to the default settings, ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 requires the following Role Services:
• ASP (which also adds ISAPI Extensions)
· ISAPI Filters
· Server Side Includes
• Security (Basic and/or Windows Authentication)
• IIS6 Management Compatibility (including all 4 sub-services)
5. Complete the standard ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 installation process. For instructions, see the ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Setup Guide.
Verifying the Application Pool identity and configuring IIS access
After you have installed ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, you will need to verify the application pool identify and configure access to IIS.
1. Open IIS Manager and click Application Pools.
2. Right-click the DefaultAppPool and select Advanced Settings.
3. Verify the Application Pool Identity. In Windows 2008 R2, click the Identity property and change the value from "ApplicationPoolIdentity" to "Network Service" or an appropriate domain account.
4. Navigate to the following directory: %windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\.
5. Right-click applicationHost.config and then select Properties.
6. On the Security tab, click Edit, and then click Add.
7. Select Locations, scroll to the top of the list, and select the computer <servername>. Click OK.
8. Specify the object name. (This is the value you set in step 3; by default, this is Network Service). Then click OK. This defaults to Read and Read and Execute Permissions, which are the required permissions.
9. Click OK, then Yes, and then OK. Set security for the Cache directory as follows (see also: List of the NTFS permissions that ProClarity Analytics Server requires KB 927947 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927947):
a. Navigate to the following directory: %systemdrive%\inetpub\wwwroot\PAS
b. Right-click the Cache directory and select Properties.
c. In the Security tab, verify that the account you selected in step 3 (by default, Network Service) has Read and Modify permissions.
d. To add these permissions, click Advanced and Edit.
e. From the list, select the account you selected in step 3 (by default, Network Service).
f. Select the Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object check box.
g. Click OK, and then click Yes.
10. Open an administrator command prompt and run the following command: iisreset/noforce.
Installing and configuring WebDAV
If you intend to use the “Publish Files” feature in ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 SP3, then you must install WebDAV. If you do not plan to use this feature, then WebDAV is not required.
If you are deploying ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2, do the following:
a. Open Server Manager and select Roles.
b. Under the Web Server section, click Add Role Services. Verify that WebDAV Publishing is checked.
c. Click Install.
2. Enable WebDAV functionality in IIS. For instructions, see Installing and Configuring WebDAV on IIS 7.0 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=108052).
3. Add the appropriate WebDAV authoring rule to the PASUploads site.
a. Allow Access enables administrators to restrict the types of files that are published to ProClarity Analytics Server.
b. Allow Access to this Content to enables you to specify which user accounts and groups that have publishing rights.
c. Permissions enable you to assign Read/Write permissions.
4. Restart IIS.
Note: All clients that were connected to the PAS server when WebDAV was enabled must be re-authenticated to the server.
After you have installed and configured ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, you can install ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 SP3.
Microsoft Help and Support strives to provide high-quality, timely customer service and technical support to customers and partners. Technical support is also available online through FAQs and an extensive knowledge base. For more information, visit the ProClarity Analytics Server Solution Center (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=166126).